My Blog List

Thursday 8 September 2011

A Hard Day

A Hard Day
Yesterday was wonderful. I attended a meeting in the hospital basement chapel where we intercede for the patients piled high in the wards above us. I had an image of the chapel as a boiler house with power flowing out to reach each person within its walls.
Usually the meeting has a fairly fixed format and lasts just over an hour. Last night we did pray for patients as always, but suddenly we were praying and supporting each other in Christian love.
My second loving event of the week. On Saturday my daughter got married. A t least half of those who attended   have no place as yet for God in their lives, yet they were able to see Christ’s love in this service.  At the request of the happy pair I gave the blessing - too often a formality, but everyone joined in and I was almost floating with joy.
Then today I received a big knock back that I wasn’t expecting and I let it get to me. I was upset, angry even. I felt let down and betrayed. Why do we let , I let , things like this happen. I cannot help the events that took place, but I can help my reactions. Phil 2 v 5  is a very real instruction , a reaction to what Christ has done on our behalf  ‘ Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.’

No comments:

Post a Comment