My Blog List

Friday 2 December 2011

Heavy thoughts.

I have been listening to a report on the position of women in Afghanistan, a place I haven't visited, although I did get to the border and looked across to barren rocks and sands and not even one blade of grass. God laid on my heart that I could perhaps achieve more for his kingdom by going to a place where the church hierachy is weaker and I would have freedom to operate as the Spirit leads. My immediate reaction -I'm too old. Then 'How old was Mother Theresa? although of course I cannot compare myself to her. Then I turned to a book of prayers and read these words:-

O God we remember your apostle St James, the first of the twelve to die as a martyr in the name of Christ , and we pray that you will give to the leaders of your church that Spirit of undenying service which is the hallmark of true auhtority among your people. What a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment