My Blog List

Monday 28 November 2011

My Christian life

I had to describe myself and my Christian life today. Note the word Christian – not Baptist, Salvationist or Catholic, although in any one week I do attend meetings /services that include all of these – mass, worship, support groups, learning , Bible study etc..
On Sunday the sermon included advice about using time well, including spending quality time with God. My daughter’s comment was ‘I don’t think you and Dad have to worry about that.’ Yet there is always room for more. A new trick is to deliberately have a Bible and an inspirational book at hand when I’m on the computer - so as to better use my time when that page doesn’t download or things are slow. It has to be better than Freecell.
There is a prayer book close at hand and I've just
opened it randomly on a page for the induction of a new minister. It asks :-
Do you engage in the strength and spirit of Jesus Chrsit faithfully to discharge all parts of the Christian ministry entrusted to you amongst this people, ot the building up of the church and the spread of the Kingdom of God - My answer in 'As far as my abilities allow and as far as I am able.'

No comments:

Post a Comment