My Blog List

Friday 11 November 2011

Relevant Words

Today I needed some encouragement. I was running late, alone in the house and my Bible open on the desk from a study session last night.
Right in front of me were the words I needed. Written many hundreds of years ago, almost two thousand years ago, possibly to a young man, and definitely in a very different place and situation yet speaking to me, an older woman in the 21st century.
From infancy you have known the holy scriptures , which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus , who will judge the living and thedead,and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word.
2 Timothy 3 v 15 – 4 v 2

No comments:

Post a Comment