My Blog List

Friday 22 July 2011

Why the title? There is more than one answer. I was ordained as a Salvation Army officer many years ago. Now in what some would consider to be my later years I have, to my surprise, even shock, become involved in the Women Priests for the Catholic Church movement without ever intending to. You may not have even realised that there was such a movement, but belive me there is , and  the movement is growing under the direction of the Holy Spirit. there will be those who say 'No way' and they have a right to their opinions , but so do I and people like me. They will tell  you that women have never been priests and deacons  - but there have . See all the authentic documents at Women Priests for the Catholic Church.  Even the Portuguese CArdinal has come out recently and said that theologically there is nothing against it  - although to be fair to him he did add tha tnow was not the time. There are those who quote verses about women being silent in church  - verses many believe were inserted late in the second century. How do such critics cope with  other verses which state that in Christ there is neither male nor female? Criticism when it does come tends to be from those who would agree that male preists are called by God. All I know is that God called me too - and this  is something that others  can see in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment