My Blog List

Monday 10 October 2011

Confirmation


This morning  I feel really encouraged that what I want to do for God is fitting in with his will. My husband recently bought me a study Bible. It has two ribbons to mark pages so that is where I opened it. These are the words that jumped out at me. Psalm 16  v 5

Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup;

You have made my lot secure.

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places ;

Surely I have a delightful inheritance.

The second ribbon is in Isaiah chapter 15 so I read :-

               My word that goes out from my mouth;

It will not return to me empty,

But will accomplish what I desire  and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;

The study notes point out that ‘my word ‘ refers to the promises of God in earlier verses –

V 3 Give ear and come to me ;

Hear me that your soul may live.

I will make an everlasting covenant with you,

V 5 Surely you will summon nations you know not

He has endowed you with splendour.

Of recent months, thanks to the Internet, I have met people from nations I will never visit, and have been able to witness to my faith. Just a few days ago I had the opportunity to witness to a whole group who had come together to seek God her in Yorkshire. In a few days time I begin my training with the hospital chaplaincy team, and will meet people again from places I will never go.  He is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment