My Blog List

Thursday 4 August 2011

The harvest comes

‘I give every green plant for food
And it was so ‘ – Genesis 1 30, 31
The harvest comes  - sometimes.
Sometimes if there isn’t a spring storm to destroy the blossom.
If the fruit doesn’t get pecked by birds .
If the squirrels don’t arrive in force.
If the windfalls are collected before the slugs come.
If it is a good yea r for plums, or apples, raspberries.
If the cauliflowers don’t apparently get up and walk away.
If the lettuces don’t go to seed
If the rains come as well as the sunshine,
Then the harvest will come.
But the fruit of the earth isn’t just for us is it?
The world is to be shared, and so is its bounty;
And that includes feeding all the creatures God made – everyone.
So the harvest will come  - but not all for me.   

Thsi was a fastwrite for a course I am doing. Only after I was finished did I realise that I was actualy writing about my spiritual life - coming from God - but not just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment